About Me

My Photo
Laura
Follower of Christ. Wife to Adam. Mama to Joshua (9), Abigail (8), Esther (7), Hannah (6), Noah (5), Joseph (3), Peter (2), James (9 months), and Blessing #9 due late August. Soli Deo Gloria!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Adam and Laura

Adam and Laura

Joshua Addison

Joshua Addison

Abigail Lauren

Abigail Lauren

Esther Rebecca

Esther Rebecca

Hannah Ralene

Hannah Ralene

Noah Evans

Noah Evans

Joseph Patrick

Joseph Patrick

Peter Edwin

Peter Edwin

James Emil Robert

James Emil Robert

Total Pageviews

Friday, January 18, 2013

3 in 30



I'm afraid my week wasn't so productive.  For some reason school took us forever to get done every day, which left me with very little time to do other things.  Oh well.  We did accomplish school, the house is clean, and we ate well.  I'll try to do better on these goals next week.



1. Make some headway on my yearly goal of turning this blog into a book.  I spent about five minutes messing around with the fonts on the posts that I had already uploaded to the book.  I did not enter even a single new post.  


2. Devise a prayer plan.  I now have a notebook for my personal prayer.  I had intended to start making a basket full of prayer requests that the children can pick out of during our morning prayer time, but I did not do it.    

3.  Start working on my yearly goal of cleaning and organizing different "zones" in the house.   I accidentally got a little bit accomplished on this goal.  I got out my sewing machine and serger to start putting together Abigail's Easter dress and discovered that I had no idea where the power cords and pedals were to either machine.  I have not used them since we moved here last May.  I thought they might be in a box in the garage, so I went through three boxes and purged/organized them.  It turns out they were in a drawer inside. :)  Speaking of Abigail's dress, I did get a good bit done on it this week.  It doesn't look like much yet, but I learned how to do piping and how to make a collar.  It's going to start taking shape quickly now.  

Here are my children's goals:

Joshua (8) - Read aloud to Noah and Joseph at least 3 days a week.  Joshua read to the little boys two days this week again.  I need be better about encouraging him to do it more often.  They all really enjoy it.  

Abigail (7) - Master the art of mopping floors. This week's mopping consisted of getting on hands and knees and spot mopping with a spray bottle and a rag.  None of the floors were really dirty enough to be mopped, except for under the kitchen table.  

Esther (6) Dress Joseph every morning.  Joseph has come down the stairs looking quite snazzy this week!  Esther likes red plaid shirts, so he is generally wearing one of those and a pair of jeans.  She even wets his hair and combs it some mornings.  She's getting better about putting his pajamas and nighttime diaper away, but we still need to work on that.  

This post is linked up here.  


7 comments:

Emily, wife of Jeremy said...

Your comment about the prayer basket reminded me that I never did make a comment about how we do our prayer requests....at least for now. : ) We write the names of our prayer request, everything from friends and family to government heads, the "holy catholic church" (lol) etc. Then Jeremy draws a small picture to help the ones who can't read know what the card says. Most of them stay in there so long they can remember what goes with what. Most of the time we pass cards out until there are no more left and then guide the youngest ones through how to pray "properly" for whatever is on the card. Sometimes we divide them between morning and night corporate prayers. We use 1/2 an iindex card per request and then fold them in half and put them in little tin pail. : )

Love the picture with all the kiddos!

aurie good said...

I think you made great progress - and it's all about baby steps some weeks, believe me!

Cinnamon said...

I love all your weekly goals. Fun to see them all get done.

~Cinnamon

Tammy_Skipper said...

I think sometimes we underestimate the value of getting school and meals done! Keep going :)

Laura said...

Emily, thanks for telling me about your prayer pail! That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking of doing, minus the artwork. I can't draw to save my life. :)

Nikki said...

I think you did great last week! It sounds like you got quite a bit done even though maybe it doesn't feel like it to you. Good job!

The Munck Family said...

Love the picture of the kids, looks like a good ol' day out and about!

Seems you got much done, even if it wasn't on the list...I too enjoy seeing your list. If I got motivated I would do one to ;)

Hope this week went well for you all and your all now better.