About Me

My Photo
Laura
Follower of Christ. Wife to Adam. Mama to Joshua (9), Abigail (8), Esther (7), Hannah (6), Noah (5), Joseph (3), Peter (2), James (9 months), and Blessing #9 due late August. Soli Deo Gloria!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Adam and Laura

Adam and Laura

Joshua Addison

Joshua Addison

Abigail Lauren

Abigail Lauren

Esther Rebecca

Esther Rebecca

Hannah Ralene

Hannah Ralene

Noah Evans

Noah Evans

Joseph Patrick

Joseph Patrick

Peter Edwin

Peter Edwin

James Emil Robert

James Emil Robert

Total Pageviews

Friday, January 25, 2013

3 in 30



This week was much better than last as far productivity goes.  I did not accomplish anything on one of my goals, but I plan to get some work done on it tomorrow.  As you can see from the picture above, I did manage to mostly finish Abigail's dress!  It still needs buttonholes, buttons, and a hem.  She will be eight in March and I made her a size seven, but it is still huge on her!  The sleeves are a bit ridiculous looking and come down to her elbows.  Oh well.  I'm putting a big hem in it, so she'll be able to wear it for several years.


1. Make some headway on my yearly goal of turning this blog into a book.  This is the goal that I ignored this week.  I'm hoping to get at least 5 or 6 posts uploaded tomorrow.  


2. Devise a prayer plan.  My personal notebook is organized and our prayer basket and 3x5 cards are ready to go.  I plan to use the basket with the children after our Scripture memory time during school in the mornings.  


3.  Start working on my yearly goal of cleaning and organizing different "zones" in the house.  I was able to get a lot accomplished this week!  I went through four of our big storage bins that hold childrens' clothes.  I threw a few things away (bad elastic, etc.), pulled some things out to give away, and organized what was left by season.  I still have a lot more bins to go through, but I'm glad to have gotten four of them out of the way.  I also purged/organized about 3/4 of the school room closet.  I have a few items of curriculum to sell, and I threw away some random trash that had gotten stuffed here and there.  I also found the electric pencil sharpener, which I've been wanting for a while.  I still need to organize the art supplies and the little boys' schooltime activities, as well as go through a few boxes that didn't get unpacked to see what is in them.  

Here are my children's goals:

Joshua (8) - Read aloud to Noah and Joseph at least 3 days a week.  Joshua reached his goal and read to the little boys three days this week!  We made a trip to the library, so they've all been reading up a storm. :)  

Abigail (7) - Master the art of mopping floors. Abigail mopped with a spray bottle and a dry mop today.  She did a great job!  She said, "I'm not very good at this, but is sure is fun!".  

Esther (6) Dress Joseph every morning.  I think that Esther has mastered choosing Joseph's clothes, dressing him, and putting his pajamas where they belong.  Now we just need to work on getting it done without being reminded.  

This post is linked at Welcome to Our Good Life.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

You amaze me with your talent!! That dress is beautiful!

aurie good said...

Well done! You made awesome progress this month on your goals :)

That dress is beautiful! I love the smocking, and the color is lovely.

The Munck Family said...

Absolutely beautiful... smocking is my weakness! I had a friend show me how to do it recently, I'm thinking I'll try my hand at it when my stomach settles.

Hope you have a blessed Lord's day!

Nikki said...

I'm catching up on my blog reading, starting with yours.

Abigail's dress is beautiful! And you're doing great with you goals, you and your children. You're going to be done early, before the end of the month! Way to go!