About Me

My Photo
Laura
Follower of Christ. Wife to Adam. Mama to Joshua (9), Abigail (8), Esther (7), Hannah (6), Noah (5), Joseph (3), Peter (2), James (9 months), and Blessing #9 due late August. Soli Deo Gloria!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Adam and Laura

Adam and Laura

Joshua Addison

Joshua Addison

Abigail Lauren

Abigail Lauren

Esther Rebecca

Esther Rebecca

Hannah Ralene

Hannah Ralene

Noah Evans

Noah Evans

Joseph Patrick

Joseph Patrick

Peter Edwin

Peter Edwin

James Emil Robert

James Emil Robert

Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 03, 2013

Goals for the New Year



I did not really set any specific goals at the beginning of last year.  I had planned to, but Peter surprised us by showing up a week early and I felt so awful for a good while afterwards.  It just never got done.  This year Adam and I sat down together and discussed the coming year, and I also made some personal goals.  I don't know that I'll update on my progress here very often, but I thought I'd share them since I enjoy reading similar posts on others' blogs.

1. Bible Reading - I always intend to stick with our read-through-the-Bible-in-a-year plan, but I inevitably end up getting behind and I have yet to successfully complete it.  I plan to stick with it this year.

2. Have a Baby - this will happen one way or another!  Only about 14 weeks left before Baby Boy #5 is due.

3. Make Blog Books - I have looked into turning the blog into a book, and I even started the process using Blurb, but I never got very far.  It will be time consuming, but it is important to us and I am going to try to make the time to get it done.

4.  Teach the Children Piano - I did fairly well with this goal at the end of 2012, and I really want to stick with it.  Sometimes it is hard to get motivated because we're all pretty much ready for a break by the time we finish school.  But, again, it is something that is important to us.  I did not start piano until I was 10, and I think that there is some advantage to starting later, but I also think that there are advantages to starting earlier and the children enjoy it.

5.  Exercise - before our Christmas break I was walking 3 to 4 mornings a week.  I'd like to make it 4 to 5 mornings.  I feel better, it's good for me and the baby, and it gives me more energy during the day.

6.  Read - I'm not a real big reader.  I'm very slow, and frankly, I don't have much time.  I would like to read more though, and I'm going to shoot to read 10 books in 2013 (don't laugh, Nikki!). :)  We have made some minor changes to our schedule and have time set aside in the evenings before bed for reading.  I hope that it works out.  If I'm tired, then a book is a sure-fire way to put me to sleep!  I'm working on putting together a book list and I plan to post that later.

7.  "Spring" Cleaning - there are areas in every room of our house that need to be organized, and that bugs me.  This home is only temporary, though we are not exactly sure how long we'll be here.  We do plan to move at some point though, and I would love to have things sorted through, consolidated, and pared down before we have to start packing.  There are a million areas to cover...everything from sorting and storing childrens' clothes to cleaning out the kitchen cabinets.  I plan to come up with "zones" and focus on one each month.  I think I'll start with the master bedroom/closet/office.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Laura,
I loved reading your goals. :) Having another baby my favorite. I was thrilled to add that one to our list too. :) Hope you all have a happy,healthy new year.

Nikki said...

I'm not laughing. I think it's great that you set a goal for reading, and I'm sure you'll surprise yourself with how much you get read...if you can stay awake! Reading puts me to sleep sometimes, too.

I've never been able to read the Bible in a year, either. It usually takes me two years, so I understand.

I want to do the same thing to my house, but...you know.

I look forward to watching you work toward your goals, even if you don't post about it very often.

The Munck Family said...

I love the list...as I'm a list maker too. I have learned over the years that list are great, but not to be bond by them...cause I tend to not want to be flexible. The older I get I see my list more as a guide, and them I'm thrilled later when I see how much I accomplished in the end.

So, now you work hard on to finish the baby on the list ;) Then as you know the other things will just fall in line. Looking at your list I would have to say reading more books would be on my list this year. I love to read, but I can get way to caught up in it. So, I have to pace myself...you know to feed the kids, educate them, and do daily task :)

Happy 2013!
Laura

Cinnamon said...

Have a baby!! That's funny :-)

I love lists and have already begun mine. It's always fun to see what God has brought to my life and allowed me to accomplish.

Reading...oh we love to do this too. It's hard to squeeze in alone time reading and reading with everyone but oh so worth it.

~Cinnamon