About Me

My Photo
Laura
Follower of Christ. Wife to Adam. Mama to Joshua (9), Abigail (8), Esther (7), Hannah (6), Noah (5), Joseph (3), Peter (2), James (9 months), and Blessing #9 due late August. Soli Deo Gloria!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Adam and Laura

Adam and Laura

Joshua Addison

Joshua Addison

Abigail Lauren

Abigail Lauren

Esther Rebecca

Esther Rebecca

Hannah Ralene

Hannah Ralene

Noah Evans

Noah Evans

Joseph Patrick

Joseph Patrick

Peter Edwin

Peter Edwin

James Emil Robert

James Emil Robert

Total Pageviews

Friday, February 01, 2013

30 Weeks



I hit the 30-week mark this past Tuesday.  There's not much to report.  My belly is growing, baby is active, and I'm feeling good!  I gained five pounds in the past three weeks, which puts my total at 20 pounds.  That is better than the two pounds I gained over five weeks around Christmas.  Five pounds in three weeks is much more typical for me at this stage of pregnancy!  I generally gain around 30 pounds with girls and 40 pounds with boys, though I'll be surprised if I hit 40 with this one.  My usual third trimester sugar craving has kicked in.  I've been eating lots of pears and clementines.  I can't seem to get enough of them!  My typical afternoon splurge is a couple of Oreos. :)  When I'm not pregnant, I can take or leave Oreos, but they taste SO good to me right now.  I've started dutifully drinking my red raspberry leaf tea.  I had forgotten that I really dislike the taste of it.  It tastes like grass to me.  Oh well.  If it helps, it's worth it!  I'm sure the next 10 weeks will go by in a flash.  Things always seem to fly once I get to 30 weeks.  It must be the every-other-week midwife visits!

3 comments:

The Pauls' Family said...

You look beautiful Laura! It's so good to catch on your family again! Things have been a little crazy busy around here!

Emily, wife of Jeremy said...

Just FYI, you look nothing like a whale. You look like a very trim pregnant mama. Nothing like what you would think someone would look like on pregnancy #8. What a blessing. Hum....you're six weeks ahead of me and we've gained the same and you are way taller than me!

Pears sound so good. I need to put that on my list. And oreos....yum. I'm a sucker for Oreos. I can't buy them because I can't stop with just a couple. Eck! Make sure they are well hidden during my visit next week. LOL.

I'm with you on the red raspberry tea. Gag. I don't like any herbal teas. I have always take a special herbal combination the last 5 weeks of pregnancy in capsule form, which contains RRL, but I didn't do it with Katie and I couldn't tell a difference in labor, delivery, or recovery. I've got to admit the weeks over here are creeping by. URG.

Nikki said...

You look great! I can't believe that you're so far along already. You don't look like you're 30 weeks!