About Me

My Photo
Laura
Follower of Christ. Wife to Adam. Mama to Joshua (9), Abigail (8), Esther (7), Hannah (6), Noah (5), Joseph (3), Peter (2), James (9 months), and Blessing #9 due late August. Soli Deo Gloria!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Adam and Laura

Adam and Laura

Joshua Addison

Joshua Addison

Abigail Lauren

Abigail Lauren

Esther Rebecca

Esther Rebecca

Hannah Ralene

Hannah Ralene

Noah Evans

Noah Evans

Joseph Patrick

Joseph Patrick

Peter Edwin

Peter Edwin

James Emil Robert

James Emil Robert

Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 09, 2013

February Goals

I did not post a 3 in 30 update last week because...well...I didn't feel like it!  I think I was just being lazy.  We're well into a new month now, and here are our goals for February.


1. Make some headway on my yearly goal of turning this blog into a book.  I decided to keep this goal from last month.  I didn't get as much done on it as I had hoped to, so I'm going to try to do better this month.  I got five new posts uploaded this week and I'd like to get some more done over the weekend.  


2. Put at least one meal per week into the freezer for after the baby's arrival.  I did not get a meal done this week, but I did get some Vegan Black Bean Soup in the freezer last week.  This is a wonderful and healthy recipe that we all love!  We are definitely not vegans, and to prove it I use chicken broth instead of vegetable broth. :)  I usually serve it over brown rice and top it with salsa, cilantro, and sour cream.  


3.  Work on my yearly goal of cleaning and organizing different "zones" in the house.  I'm sorry to be boring, but I'm keeping this goal from last month as well.  I was able to get a lot accomplished using this strategy and I'd like to get a good bit more done.  I finished sorting through the childrens' clothes bins this week and I also almost finished organizing the school room closet.  I think my next "zone" will be the boys' room.  I need to sort through a pile of clothes that are too small and out of season and put them in the proper storage bins.  I also need to do a toy purge.  Toys can get out of control so quickly!  

My oldest three children all have the same goal and I did not consult them on it this time.  It's actually a way to squeeze in a fourth goal for myself.  Their goal is to practice the piano five days a week (three days with me).  We just don't do nearly as well with this when I don't have some sort of accountability. They really enjoy it, and we really need to be keeping up with it.

I had to throw in this video of Joseph singing the Pacific States song.  He likes to camp out on the potty and sing at the top of his lungs while he does his business. :) After hearing it over and over for about 10 minutes, I asked him if he would sing it for the camera.  I'm surprised that he did it!  In case you can't tell, the words are "The Pacific states are Hawaii, California, Oregon and Washington, and the biggest of all is Alaska.  These are the Pacific states."





This post is linked up at Our Good Life.  

2 comments:

Nikki said...

If you figure a way to keep the toys manageable, please, please let me know!

Christine said...

Great goals, Laura! I wish I could bring you a couple of freezer meals. They are worth their weight in gold. Blessings!