About Me

My Photo
Laura
Follower of Christ. Wife to Adam. Mama to Joshua (9), Abigail (8), Esther (7), Hannah (6), Noah (5), Joseph (3), Peter (2), James (9 months), and Blessing #9 due late August. Soli Deo Gloria!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Adam and Laura

Adam and Laura

Joshua Addison

Joshua Addison

Abigail Lauren

Abigail Lauren

Esther Rebecca

Esther Rebecca

Hannah Ralene

Hannah Ralene

Noah Evans

Noah Evans

Joseph Patrick

Joseph Patrick

Peter Edwin

Peter Edwin

James Emil Robert

James Emil Robert

Total Pageviews

Friday, February 22, 2013

Out of the Ordinary

I got absolutely nothing accomplished this past week toward my goals for February, but I'm okay with that.  We took our "spring break".  We left last Friday to go visit my dad.  The children love going to Grandpa's house and we had a great time with him!  Adam ended up staying home to attend a funeral on Saturday, so the children and I made the drive back on Monday morning.


I forgot to take the camera when we visited Grandpa, but thankfully a couple of the ones that I took with my phone turned out well.  Joshua asked Grandpa to teach him how to play chess.  


We stopped by Hobby Lobby to buy some new flowers for my mom's grave.  I expected the other ones to look pretty bad since they had been there for months, but they actually still looked good, so we just added the new ones to the bunch.  Everyone picked out the one that they thought Grandma would like. :)



After a trip to Costco and some unpacking and cleaning up, we were ready for Nikki and her children to visit us from Florida!  They arrived Tuesday and left this morning, so we had a fun few days with them.  We all enjoyed the change from our normal schedule, but we'll be glad to get back to it on Monday.  Here are some pictures from our week.


The whole group!  From left Daniel (5), Joseph (2), Abigail (7), Peter (13mo), Joshua (9), Noah (4), Mary (sitting on the floor - 14mo), Sarah Beth (6), Esther (6), Rachel (3), and Hannah (5).  


Boys in a stagecoach.  We went to a Western art museum that has a fun play area for children.  


Mary is about 3 weeks older than Peter.  She's a great walker, and I'm hoping that Peter took notes while she was here. :)  



Hannah, Rachel, and Joseph in the stagecoach.


Two little boys on a horse. :) 


Joseph, Rachel, and Peter cooking at the chuck wagon.


Peter getting into stuff. :)



Everyone was trying to flock around the computer at once.  It's amazing how media and technology attracts children so quickly!  We had to limit the time spent here so that they could enjoy the other things.  


Joshua giving Mary a good-bye hug.  


2 comments:

Nikki said...

We had a great time! Thanks again for having us! I hope that things work out for us to do it again sometime.

aurie good said...

What a fun week!! I love that you and Nikki got to visit :) How fun - and what great pictures!!