About Me

My Photo
Laura
Follower of Christ. Wife to Adam. Mama to Joshua (9), Abigail (8), Esther (7), Hannah (6), Noah (5), Joseph (3), Peter (2), James (9 months), and Blessing #9 due late August. Soli Deo Gloria!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Adam and Laura

Adam and Laura

Joshua Addison

Joshua Addison

Abigail Lauren

Abigail Lauren

Esther Rebecca

Esther Rebecca

Hannah Ralene

Hannah Ralene

Noah Evans

Noah Evans

Joseph Patrick

Joseph Patrick

Peter Edwin

Peter Edwin

James Emil Robert

James Emil Robert

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 25, 2013

A Bit Late


I realize I'm several days late getting this post up.  Oops. :) I didn't get as much done last week towards my goals as I did the week before, but I did make some progress.

1. Prepare for baby's arrival.  I got my hospital bag out of the attic.  I didn't put anything in it, but I hope to do that this week.  I also cleaned out the van, switched Noah over to a booster seat, and washed the covers to Joseph and Peter's carseats and the infant seat.  It seems like I did more than that, but I can't think of anything else.

2. Clean/organize the childrens' closets and get spring/summer clothes ready.  I didn't accomplish a single thing towards this goal.  I still need to put all of the girls out of season/outgrown clothes into the proper storage bins.  Maybe this week.  

3.  Complete the girls' dresses.  I finished Hannah's dress (minus the buttons and hem) and I'm about halfway through with Esther's.  Barring some unforeseen circumstance, I shouldn't have any trouble completing them in plenty of time.  As you can see from the picture above, I've been making good use of my seam ripper. :)  The back plackets have been giving me trouble.  Thankfully I just finished the last one this afternoon.  I really need to make some new white hairbows to go with the dresses.  Maybe I can get to that next week.  

Joshua, Abigail, and Esther did well with piano, although I didn't hold up my end of the deal so well.  They practiced four days, but I only sat down with them once.  I need to do better this week.  

On an unrelated note, have any of you ever heard of using essential oils to induce labor (specifically clary sage)?  I've started looking into it a bit.  I'm not wanting to try anything now at 38 weeks, but I may closer to 40 weeks.  It would sure beat pitocin!  I mentioned it to the midwife today and she said that she would look into it and get back to me at my appointment next Monday.  

This post is linked up at Our Good Life

4 comments:

Emily, wife of Jeremy said...

Way to go. I want to know what you find put about the EO. I've been thinking about the best set up for the kids in the van. Katie and Zion still need help in and out of their car seat straps. I want the baby close to me so I'm thinking middle of the front row with Maggie next to her against the door. I hate for one of the others to be on a row all alone so I'm contemplating putting all 3 on the next row but I have a 3 year old who does better where he can't reach anyone. ;-) just curious if you had any thoughts.

Nikki said...

You are getting so close to your due date! I love hearing about all you accomplish in a week. You sew so beautifully. :)

Nikki said...

You're doing great! You've gotten so much accomplished, especially considering that you're 38 weeks pregnant. I don't know anything about essential oils, sorry!

aurie good said...

Wow - so close to your due date! How exciting :) I love that blue material - such a pretty hue for Spring!