About Me

My Photo
Laura
Follower of Christ. Wife to Adam. Mama to Joshua (9), Abigail (8), Esther (7), Hannah (6), Noah (5), Joseph (3), Peter (2), James (9 months), and Blessing #9 due late August. Soli Deo Gloria!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Adam and Laura

Adam and Laura

Joshua Addison

Joshua Addison

Abigail Lauren

Abigail Lauren

Esther Rebecca

Esther Rebecca

Hannah Ralene

Hannah Ralene

Noah Evans

Noah Evans

Joseph Patrick

Joseph Patrick

Peter Edwin

Peter Edwin

James Emil Robert

James Emil Robert

Total Pageviews

Friday, March 01, 2013

Wrapping Up February




I did much better with my goals this week than I did last week.  I still have a few things that I hope to accomplish before the weekend is over, but even if they don't get done I'll be satisfied with what I did manage to complete.

1. Make some headway on my yearly goal of turning this blog into a book.  I worked on this for quite awhile.  Unfortunately, our computer runs very slowly when I have the Blurb program open.  It takes a long time to get things uploaded and organized, which is frustrating.  I know it will be worth it when I have it completed though, so I'll keep chugging.  

2. Put at least one meal per week into the freezer for after the baby's arrival.  I made a double recipe of Teriyaki Chicken and a single of Sausage and Peppers.  Both recipes can be found here and both are crockpot meals.  I just have to thaw, dump in the crockpot, and cook on high for 6 hours.  I'm looking forward to tasting them!  I also made a batch of chocolate chip cookies and froze the dough balls for after baby's arrival.  I may or may not have baked and eaten a few.  Unfortunately, there are only four dough balls left in the freezer.  Oops.  I may have to try this again next week!  (FYI, I did not eat all of the cookies myself!  It was a joint effort.  A batch of cookies doesn't last long when you have 8 people wanting to eat them!)

3.  Work on my yearly goal of cleaning and organizing different "zones" in the house.  I didn't exactly pick a zone this week, but I did get several random drawers cleaned out and organized.  

Joshua, Abigail, and Esther's goal for this month is to practice piano five days a week with me helping them three days.  They practiced three days and I helped them two days, so we didn't quite reach the goal.  We made some progress, but I hope to do better next week.  

One of my mental goals for February was to finish smocking Hannah's dress.  I finished the bodice up yesterday, so all I have to do now is smock the sleeves.  That will take me about 15 minutes, which leaves most of March to put Esther and Hannah's dresses together and finish up Abigail's.  I think I can do it!

This post is linked up at Our Good Life.  

12 comments:

Emily, wife of Jeremy said...

How funny. I bought the ingredients for the teriyaki chicken today. Are you splitting the recipe like she does or are you using a double recipe as a single for your size family?

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

That's such a great idea to turn your blog into a book. I have the same challenge with Blurb as you do, and find it takes quite a long time to edit a page. That's such a smart idea to get dinners frozen for use in the crockpot at a later date!

Laura said...

Emily,

Well, that was way back on Tuesday, and I don't remember exactly what I did. I think I doubled the recipe and put 1 1/2 times in each bag. The bags were pretty full! Are you saving yours for after the baby arrives? If not, let me know what you think about it!

Nikki said...

Way to go! I can't wait to see the girls in their Easter dresses!

Nikki said...

Laura,
Your meals all sound absolutely delicious. You are getting so close to meeting your little guy. :) You always amaze me with the stuff you accomplish.
I had to laugh at your cookie comment though as the other day I made a batch of cookies and literally within half an hour of the last tray coming out they were ALL gone. :) I laughed though when I realized that the recipe only made enough for each person to have two( except the hubby) who got three! :) Next time I will double the batch.

Emily, wife of Jeremy said...

Since I've got 11 weeks until my due date I'm trying to wait until closer to start freezing stuff. So I think I'm still going to freeze it just to see how it does after being frozen but I plan to cook it later on this week. Did you have a hard time finding a teriyaki sauce? I finally settled on one but I wasn't really happy with the ingredients.

Tammy_Skipper said...

I'm looking forward to getting back into my meal planning habit, recipes like these that I can prep ahead are great, thanks!

Deanna said...

Great job on your goals. I've wanted to print my blog but haven't made it that far...I need to get crackin'!

aurie good said...

I think you are doing wonderfully!! How I wish I had some freezer meals once Baby J arrived!! Dinner prep is crazy time around here :)

Emily, wife of Jeremy said...

I hate to tell ya but I made the Teriyaki chicken meal tonight and I am not impressed. I followed the directions and added the extra sauce while cooking. It's watery, very watery. I drained it and added the tiny bit of sauce I had left. Still not good. It needs a lot more sauce in my opinion. Not excited that I still have another bag frozen. : ( Hopefully yours will turn out differently. I did read in the comments that ot hers had the watery problem (I never did see a solution) and then some of the didn't. I hope you are one of the ones that don't : )

Laura said...

Emily, well bummer. Do you think I should try adding a little cornstarch to the sauce? Besides it being watery did it taste okay?

Emily, wife of Jeremy said...

My girls said it tasted kind of crazy but that's because I don't think they have ever had Teriyaki sauce before. LOL. It tasted okay. It was just bland. I think I would skip on adding any extra sauce until after it was fully cooked. Then drain it and put more sauce on it.

Apparently I am a more of a picky eater than I thought. I do not really like chicken cooked in the crock-pot. To me it seems to be very much like a watery type shredded chicken, kind of like the juicy chicken you get in a chicken taco at a Mexican restaurant (not like Taco Bell).

I fixed 2 meals this week that we didn't really like. Urg. I don't what I am going to stock our freezer with. I'm in a cooking slump! Ah!!!!!!!!!