About Me

My Photo
Laura
Follower of Christ. Wife to Adam. Mama to Joshua (9), Abigail (8), Esther (7), Hannah (6), Noah (5), Joseph (3), Peter (2), James (9 months), and Blessing #9 due late August. Soli Deo Gloria!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Adam and Laura

Adam and Laura

Joshua Addison

Joshua Addison

Abigail Lauren

Abigail Lauren

Esther Rebecca

Esther Rebecca

Hannah Ralene

Hannah Ralene

Noah Evans

Noah Evans

Joseph Patrick

Joseph Patrick

Peter Edwin

Peter Edwin

James Emil Robert

James Emil Robert

Total Pageviews

Friday, March 15, 2013

Progress

 I was able to get a lot done on my goals this week.  I'm starting to feel very big and tired and I'm not sure I'll be so productive the rest of the month, so I'm glad to have gotten a good bit accomplished!




1. Prepare for baby's arrival.  I washed, dried, and put away all of the newborn boy clothes this week and I bought a few things that I needed before his arrival.  I also made and froze a double batch of spaghetti sauce and two pot roasts with veggies.  I think I might possibly be nesting. :)  I hope to get a few more things into the freezer over the next few weeks, but even if I don't I think we're pretty well stocked.




2. Clean/organize the childrens' closets and get spring/summer clothes ready.  I cleaned out the girls' closet and located, washed, and dried their warm weather clothes.  They need a few more things that I hope to find at Goodwill or consignment stores, but other than that they are set.  I still have a bunch of their things that need to be sorted and put into the proper storage bins.  Maybe I'll tackle that next week.  

3.  Complete the girls' dresses.  I'm more than halfway done with Hannah's dress.  I'm ready to put the back placket in, which tends to give me trouble.  I was planning on getting that done this afternoon, but at the moment all I feel like doing is taking a nap.  I suppose it's a combination of the time change and being almost 37 weeks pregnant!  

Joshua, Abigail, and Esther did well with piano this week.  They practiced every day except for today, and we may still get to it yet.  I sat down with them 2 days and we made some good progress.  Hannah is dying for me to teach her too.  I told her that we might start after the baby arrives and things settle down a bit.  

It's beautiful and 72 degrees outside today!  I love spring!  My children came in and said that it feels like popsicle weather. :)  I think I'll go make them a Banana Freeze for a treat.  

This post is linked up at Our Good Life.  

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Good job! I always enjoyed washing the baby's clothes, it made it feel more real somehow. And you will love having those meals in the freezer...but you already knew that.

Deanna said...

Nice job! You'll be so glad you made all those freezer meals when the baby arrives. I must admit that I was jealous at your 72 degrees. I can't wait for spring to finally arrive in Ohio!

aurie good said...

Good morning :) You made amazing progress this week- I'm tired just reading it! I also finally got the girls' clothing sorted, although not washed yet. Since it's still very cold here I have a few weeks.

Hoping that Spring and warmth are close!

Cinnamon said...

You are so on top of things :-) Always a fun time, right before the baby is born. Getting ready, nesting :-) love it!!

Frozen crockpot meals are soo easy. Great idea!!

~Cinnamon